Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

Non-Traditional Treatments for Your Ills

By:  Samantha

            Many people suffer from a wide variety of problems, and many medical professionals use the traditional prescription to treat them.  Most people do not want to take a prescribed medication on a daily basis unless they have no other choice.  These days there are many medical professionals who are starting to use non-traditional methods to treat their patients.  If there is a natural cure for any problem, it would be a much healthier and safer choice than subjecting the body to a synthetic, man-made substance.
            I am sure that most of you have heard of, and probably have seen, the Dr. Oz show.  This happens to be one of my favorites as it is very informative.  Dr. Oz is always telling viewers about different foods and natural supplements that can help with certain issues, and has helped open the door to thinking outside the prescription bottle.  In recent months he has had an array of guests, also in the medical profession, who are promoting the non-traditional practices as well.
            I suppose this is what prompted me to think about my own ailments, many of which my family doctor has no specific explanation for.  I am sure many people tell their doctors about things that are bothering them and still do not have an answer when they leave the office.  I can tell you first hand that this is very frustrating.
            About a year ago, I had been having a recurring high blood pressure reading both at the doctor’s office and at home.  The highest I can remember was 170/105.  Not only is this ridiculously high for anyone, but it was taken when I was relaxed and I am only 27 years old.  This was pretty alarming to me.  My doctor, of course, wanted to put me on blood pressure medication.  After no solution was offered for my other problems, and hearing all the hype about natural treatments I decided to try to fix this on my own.  I had heard before that garlic can help lower blood pressure and started taking a garlic supplement everyday.  Guess what…it worked.  This led me to believe that maybe I could do something about the other ills my traditional physician had not been acknowledging as anything serious.
            My mother had told me about a Nutritional Consultant she knew of and suggested that I make an appointment to see him.  I made an appointment and was subjected to two tests which seemed a bit unusual to me since I had never experienced them before, but both proved to be very interesting.  The first test is called Electro-Acupuncture Testing and the second is called Nutritional Autonomic Response Testing.  I could not believe what I found out, but I am grateful that someone finally validated what I have been suffering from for so long.  Stop by March 7, 2011 to read more about my experience with the Nutritional Consultant and my journey to find a natural answer for my ills.  Please be aware that I am unable to respond to comments until late February 23, 2011 due to my work schedule.  Thanks for reading!

http://www.doctoroz.com/

20 comments:

  1. I am looking foward to hearing what the nutrional consultant said. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear that your blood pressure has dropped. I also look forward to hearing that the nutritional consultant has helped you in different areas concerning your health. I anxiously await an update next month on your journey to better health.

    Brenda R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very interesting, I'd like to hear more natural ways to solve medical problems. Watch your commas and the lengthliness of your sentences though. Other than that, Great job and glad to hear that you got your blood pressure to go down!

    Kendra McCracken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cary,
    Thanks. I'm glad you liked it and hope to keep your interest in future posts
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina,
    I'm glad to hear your are interested in hearing more. I hope this will entice others to search out solutions to their problems.
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda,
    I hope to provide positive updates for all interested readers. I also hope that others will try the natural options out there for their ailments.
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kendra,
    I'm glad you liked it and are interested in hearing more. Thanks for the writing tips; I will keep them in mind for my next post.
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Samatha
    I wonder did you ever visit the Nature Way store in Greensburg and they have all sorts of vitamens,natural remedies,natural foods,and other health products. It is a unique place.

    Ruth Hall

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sam,
    This is so true! Over the past two months, I have made several trips not only to my family physician, but to the Pediatrician as well each time receiving the same explanation, "Viral Syndrome." I'm convinced this is what they call it just because it sounds much better than, "I'm sorry, I don't have a clue what's wrong with you." I am glad that your BP is back in check and without medication. I look forward to reading your next update. I am very interested to hear what you've learned about a more natural approach to treating common ailments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth,

    I don't travel to Greensburg much, but there is a store in Indiana that sounds about the same. In fact, it is in the same complex as the office of the Nutritional Consultant I went to. It's called "Back to Nature". If you're ever in the area, check it out. I will do the same.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alicia,

    Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm glad you liked it. I wish they would just tell us that they don't know what's wrong instead of wasting our time and money. Anyway, you should go to a nature store like Ruth and I commented about and see if they could help you find something that could help with the problems you and/or your kids are having. Like I told my mom, it's worth a shot.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is good information, some times we have to take things into our on hands and handle it our own way. good job

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alison,

    It seems more and more like taking matters into our own hands is the best option. It's hard to find a doctor who is more interested in the patient than the money they will make from them. Thanks for the input.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Samantha,
    I totally agree with you. I do not take meds unless I absolutely have to, but then I still usually don't. Silver biotics cures everything, check it out!! Perfect for bacterial infections. When we get sick, we trust in that along with Vitamin C and some doses of elderberry extract.

    Suzanna H

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suzanna,

    I have checked into the supplements that will help with the issues I have presently, but have not really looked into remedies for common illnesses. Thanks for the advice.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  16. definately true, there's a lot of doctor's in my children's office, (PAW), and some of them are total idiots, not to be offensive but true.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  17. Samantha, I thought this blog was really well-done. Among other qualities, it's just well-written. You are telling us a story, and you even leave us wanting more! You received some great comments here, and I'm sure you have picked up many readers for your next post. I look forward to it myself! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tamara,

    Thank you for your compliments; they give me an extra boost of confidence. I hope you enjoy reading future posts as well.

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete